To all outdoor enthusiasts

To All Outdoor Enthusiasts - This Blog is Dedicated to YOU!!!



Thursday, September 16, 2010

Archery Deer Hunt Success

Here is a buck that I was able to bag this year sitting at a waterhole during the general archery hunt in Northern Utah.  I know it is small, but I was going for some meat.  It was my last night to hunt, it was getting dark, and out of nowhere, this little guy decides he wants a drink.  He walked broadside at about 14 yards, and I stuck him right in the front shoulder. I was shooting my old Hoyt Gamegetter II bow using a sportsman warehouse carbon arrow fitted with 125 grain muzzy broadheads.  I know it wasn't the greatest shot, but he left a great blood trail down the canyon and died about 20 yards from the road.  Piece a cake for me.  I had a great hunt that night with my father and brother; a trip we will always remember.

-Dan

No comments: